C# forms implementation of a 2D game engine.
- No live demo
Toren's Tale is a 2D game engine written as a C# forms application.
I wrote this to practise object-oriented programming and forms in C#, and to try out various game programming concepts such as animation, pathing, AI and the game loop. I did not create the game assets, they came from Reiner's Tilesets.
- Good object structure with effective use of inheritance
- Clean and straight-forward game loop
- Smooth animation of sprites and a moving camera position
- Use of some advanced forms concepts such as event delegation
- Use of static functions for initialization
- Simple implementations of game concepts such as the game loop, animation, inventory, abilities and monster AI, aggro range and patrol paths